- Visits to the cryogenic installations for the LHC magnets
and experiments will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 25 July 2002.
- It should be reminded that these installations are located
on both sides of the French/Swiss border. Therefore delegates should ensure that they have
their passports and necessary autorizations with them.
- The following visits are foreseen:
- The CMS experiment (Point
- The cryogenic installations for the LHC superconducting
magnet test and field measurement facility with the 18 kW installation (Point 1.8).
- Cryogenic test area for ATLAS (Hall
Visits will last between three to four hours and be
organized into small groups. CERN cryogenic experts will guide the participants and
answer their questions.